Dr Bernard Jensen Patient Nutrition Food Chart Tips for Proper Nutrition 11×17 unlaminated
Dr. Bernard Jensen was a prominent American chiropractor, nutritionist, and holistic health practitioner known for his contributions to alternative medicine and nutrition. He authored several books and pamphlets on nutrition and health, including “Dr. Jensen’s Guide to Better Bowel Care” and “Dr. Jensen’s Nutrition Handbook.”
One of Dr. Bernard Jensen’s notable contributions to nutrition was his Patient Nutrition Food Chart, which aimed to help people make healthier food choices and improve their overall well-being.
- Balanced Diet: Dr. Jensen emphasized the importance of a balanced diet that includes a variety of nutrient-dense foods. He encouraged people to consume various fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats to ensure they receive essential nutrients.
- Fresh and Whole Foods: He advocated consuming fresh, whole foods over processed and refined products. Whole foods are typically higher in vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber, which are essential for good health.
- Hydration: Dr. Jensen stressed the importance of proper hydration. He recommended drinking adequate water throughout the day to support various bodily functions, including digestion and detoxification.
- Food Combining: Dr. Jensen was known for his interest in food combining principles, which suggest that certain food combinations may be more easily digested and lead to better nutrient absorption.
- Digestive Health: Dr. Jensen mainly focused on improving digestive health, believing that a healthy gut is crucial for overall well-being. He promoted the consumption of high-fiber foods, fermented foods, and natural probiotics to support gut health.
- Individualized Approach: Like many holistic health practitioners, Dr. Jensen believed in tailoring dietary recommendations to an individual’s needs and constitution.